White kokum Drink (Solkadi dudhachi)
White kokum Drink (Solkadi dudhachi) is a digestive kokum drink. Coconut milk is added to this drink which gives it white color hence is called White kokum Drink (solkadi dudhachi). This can be even eaten as a curry with the rice.
White Kokum Drink (Solkadi dudhachi) is a digestive drink made out of Kokums and coconut milk. White Kokum Drink (Solkadi dudhachi) is commonly consumed after a fish curry rice meals. Goan people are very fond of White Kokum Drink (Solkadi dudhachi). After having a heavy meal, just have a cup of White Kokum Drink (Solkadi dudhachi) and digest your meal. Also it keeps your body cool when consumed in the summer season.
In Goa kokum is also used in fish curries and other side dishes to add flavor to the dishes.
Health benefits kokum (Sola):
- Kokum is low in calories, contains no saturated fats or cholesterol and is rich in dietary fiber.
- It is rich in vitamin C and contains minerals like potassium, manganese and magnesium.
Prearation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
Hing: ½ tspn
Garlic: 4 cloves (chopped finely)
Green chillies: 2 (finely chopped)
Grated coconut: 1cup
Salt to taste
Green coriander: 2 tbspn (finely chopped)
- Take out the thick and thin milk of the coconut.
- Boil 2 cups of water and remove it from the heat.
- Add all the ingredients except coriander and stir well.
- Add thick and thin coconut milk.
- At last add green coriander.
- Serve White Kokum Drink (Solkadi dudhachi) when cooled.