Semolina Crusted Fried Chicken
As the names suggests, Semolina crusted fried chicken, is the fried chicken coated with semolina.
Semolina crusted fried chicken, a lip smacking dish one can’t resist.
You need to cut the chicken into bite size pieces, making it easier to shallow fry.
Deep frying the chicken may lose its nutritional values. So the better option for all fried chicken lovers is to shallow fry it with lesser oil.er
Tip: cover the chicken for first 5 mins during shallow frying in order to prevent the spluttering of oil due to moisture in the chicken.
Health benefits of chicken:
Chicken is a great source of protein. Chicken is also rich in potassium, calcium and contains no carbohydrates.
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Chicken: 500 gms
Ginger-garlic paste: 2 tspn
Turmeric: 1 tbspn
Chili powder: 1 tbspn
Black pepper powder: 2 tbspn
Garam masala: 1 tbspn
Lemon juice: 1 tbspn
Semolina: 2 tbspn
Flour (maida): 2 tbspn
Oil : 3 tbspn
Salt as per taste
- Marinade the chicken with salt and ginger-garlic paste for 10 mins.
- Mix all the spice powders like turmeric, chilly, garam masala, black pepper with lemon juice. Add a little water if required. The paste has to be thick.
- Apply this paste to the chicken pieces on all sides. Marinade in refrigerator for 10 mins.
- Mix the semolina and flour in a plate. Roll over the chicken pieces such that they get coated nicely with semolina-flour mix.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Shallow fry the chicken pieces with a cover.
- Remove the cover after 5 mins and shallow fry further till done.
- squeeze the lime over Semolina Crusted Fried Chicken and serve as starter or side dish.
You may also like other chicken recipes (Goan cuisine rccipes)