Rava/semolina Laddoo (Ravyache Laddoo)
Rava/semolina Laddoo (Ravyache Laddoo) is the favorite of majority people including me. Rava/semolina Laddoo (Ravyache Laddoo) can be eaten as teatime snack and also is a good snack to carry along with while travelling a long journey. Just bind some rava Laddoos and carry this healthy food rich in proteins while travelling some long journey.
Hindu Goans specially prepare Rava/semolina Laddoo (Ravyache Laddoo) on the occasion of Diwali festival.
Tip: You can even garnish Rava/semolina Laddoo (Ravyache Laddoo) with the raisins. For this deep fry the raisins in the ghee and then use these raisins for garnishing Rava/semolina Laddoo (Ravyache Laddoo) .
- The high carbohydrate content makes rava/semolina an ideal food for active, energetic people.
- Rava/Semolina is high in protein, very high in complex carbohydrates and fairly high in potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, calcium and fibre, with some iron, zinc, manganese and copper.
- It is high in vitamin E and contains a fair amount of the B complex vitamins (especially folic acid).
- It is very low in saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium, and contains zero trans fatty acids.
Preparation Time: 15 M
Cooking Time: 20 M
Total Time: 35 M
Rava/semolina: 2 cups
Sugar: 1 cup
Ghee: ½ cup
- Heat 1 tspn of ghee and roast the rava on the low flame till nice aroma is released from the pan.
- Remove the roasted rava from the pan and leave for cooling.
- Grind the sugar and cardamom to a fine powder in the mixer.
- Add the sugar powder to the cooled rava and mix nicely.
- Heat the remaining ghee in the pan till very hot and add the rava-sugar mixture. Mix well and leave for cooling.
- Start binding the laddos one by one by taking little portion from the pan when the mixture is warm.
- Serve Rava/semolina laddoos as tea time snack.