Prawns Fry (Sungta Fry)
What can be tastier and mouth watering than Prawns Fry (Sungta Fry)?? Eat it as starter or as a side dish with the rice, it’s tasty always!!
Prawns Fry (Sungta Fry) is most commonly eaten Goan cuisine recipe.
Health benefits of prawns (sungta):
Prawns contain omega-3 fatty acids very important to our health and reduce many symptoms of disease and inflammation
Prawns also contain protein and vitamin D which is important for our teeth and bones.
Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Prawns: 15 (medium sized)
Red chilli powder: 2tspn
Turmeric powder: 1tspn
Garlic paste: 1tspn
Lemon juice: 1/2 a lemon
Oil: 3 tbspns
Salt to taste
- Shell and clean the prawns.
- Apply salt and keep aside.
- Make a masala paste by mixing red chili powder, turmeric powder, garlic paste and ½ lemon juice, a pinch of salt (add little water if required).
- Masla paste should be thick.
- Wash the prawns, apply the masala paste to the prawns.
- Keep aside to marinate for 10-15 mins.
- Heat the oil in a pan and roll over the prawns in the rawa.
- shallow fry the prawns on both the sides till done.
- Serve Prawns Fry (Sungta Fry) hot as starter or as a side dish with the fish curry rice.