Prawns Dry (Sungta Sukem)
Prawns Dry (sungta Sukem) is the dry gravy made from the prawns and can be made easily.
Prawns Dry (sungta Sukem) is made without any oil and hence is very healthy. If you prefer not to use oil in your food then Prawns Dry (sungta Sukem) is the best option for you!!
Prawns Dry (sungta Sukem) has the unique taste of prawns which makes it very tasty . Prawns is used commonly in Goan cuisine recipes as it enhances the taste and brings in flavor of any dish its included in. My family loves all the prawns recipes, be it prawns dry (sungta sukem) or prawns fish curry or prawns fry, prawns is their all time favourite!!
Prawns Dry (sungta Sukem) can be eaten with roti, chapathi or bread.
Tip: You can replace the Goan red chillies with any other spicy chillies.
Health benefits of prawns (sungta):
Prawns contain omega-3 fatty acids very important to our health and reduce many symptoms of disease and inflammation
Prawns also contain protein and vitamin D which is important for our teeth and bones.
Preparation Time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Prawns: ½ cup (medium sized shelled and cleaned)
Green Chillies: 2
Salt to taste
Coconut: ½ cup
Goan Red chillies: 3
Dry coriander seeds: 1 tbspn
Garlic: 2 cloves
Ginger: ½ inch
Turmeric powder: ¼ tspn
Garam masala: ½ tspn
- Shell, devein and clean the prawns. Apply salt and keep aside.
- Grind all the ingredients under masala paste to very fine paste with little water.
- Chop the onion finely. wash the prawns.
- Mix the ground masala, prawns, onion and green chillies.
- Cook the mixture covered on a low flame.
- When the water almost dries up, add salt.
- Cook till water fully dries up (it takes about 10 mins).
- Remove from heat and serve Prawns Dry (Prawns Suke) hot with roti or chapathi.