Potato Vegetable (Batata Bhaaji)
Potato Vegetable (Batata Bhaaji) is made out of potato and onions as the main ingredients. Potato Vegetable (Batata Bhaaji) is a very tempting vegetable compared to all other vegetables. This one will be relished by all.
Tip: Adding finely chopped green coriander leaves will give added flavor to the dish.
Health Benefits of Potato (Batata):
Potato is a good source of energy. It is also a good source of Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Copper, Potassium, manganese and dietary fiber.
Preparation Time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Potato: 4 (medium sized)(boiled and chopped finely)
Onions : 2 (medium sized) (chopped finely)
Green chillies: 3 (chopped finely)
Coriander powder: 1 tbspn
Cumin powder: ½ tbspn
Garam masala : 1tspn
Turmeric powder: 1tspn
Mustard seeds:1 tspn
Cumin seeds: ½ tspn
Curry leaves: 15
Hing : a pinch
Oil : 3 tblspns
Green coriander: 2 tblspns (chopped finely)
Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a wok. Add mustard seeds.
- When mustard seeds splutter, add cumin seeds, curry leaves and hing one after the other.
- Add the chopped onion and stir fry till the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add coriander powder, jeera powder and stir fry for for ½ a minute.
- Add turmeric powder, garam masala and mix well.
- Add the potato and mix well.
- Add salt and simmer for sometime. Stir in between.
- At last add the chopped coriander and remove from the heat.
- Serve hot with chapathi.
You may like other veg recipes (Goan cuisine recipes)