Potato Fry (Batata kapa)
Potato fry (batata kapa) is the favorite of my kids. So I make it a point to make Potato fry (batata kapa) at least once in a week.
Potato fry (batata kapa) is very quick and easy to prepare. Potato fry (batata kapa) can be eaten as a starter or as a side dish with the rice.
I always have this question in my mind “Why do kids love potatoes”? All the dishes which includes potatoes will be liked by the children. This one will be very special for the kids. Serve the Potota Fry (Batata kapa) as the side dish with any main course and see how the plate gets empty in few minutes!!
Though very quick and easy to prepare Potato fry (batata kapa) are still very tasty.
Tip: The quantity of red chilli powder can be varied to taste. You can add more chilly powder if prefer spicy.
Health Benefits of Potato (Batata):
Potato is a good source of energy. It is also a good source of Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Copper, Potassium, manganese and dietary fiber.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Potato: 2 (medium sized)
Red chilly powder: 2 tspn
Turmeric powder: 1tspn
Oil: 2 tbspn
Salt to taste
Rawa for frying
- Peel and slice the potato horizontal into round slices.
- Apply salt and keep aside for 10 mins.
- Drain out the excess salt water.
- Add turmeric and chilly powder to potato slices and mix well.
- Rollover the potato slices in rawa.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Shallow fry the potato slices on a low flame turning over both the sides till done.
- Serve Potato fry (batata kapa) hot as a starter or as a side dish.