Ladyfinger Vegetable (Bhendhyachi Bhaaji)
In Goa, ladyfingers are cultivated in goan village fields and are available in the goan local market. Ladyfinger Vegetable (Bhendhyachi Bhaaji) is a tasty and healthy Goan cuisine recipe.
I always go for tender ladyfingers.The way to check out is by breaking the tip ends of the ladyfingers and one with easily breaking tip ends are the tender. Tender ones make the Ladyfinger vegetable (Bhendyachi bhaji) tastier. Without any oil or masala, Ladyfinger vegetable (Bhendyachi bhaji) is really very healthy and tasty too!!
Tip: It is important to stir the Ladyfinger vegetable (Bhendyachi bhaji) in between or else it might get burnt and stick to the pan. you can even sprinkle some water if you feel the water is dried up beforehand.
Health benefits of ladyfingers (Bhende): Lady Finger is a source of important vitamins such as vitamin C, A, E, K, and B complex, as well as iron, calcium, potassium, sodium, copper, magnesium, selenium, manganese and zinc. It is also low in calories and high in dietary fibeegr.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Grated coconut: ½ cup
Green chillies: 2
Water: ½ cup
Salt to taste
- Wash and cut the vegetable. chop the onion finely. Slit the chillies lenghtwise.
- Mix all the ingredients except salt and kokum and cook covered on a low flame.
- Stir in-between after every 3 mins to check water.
- When the water almost dries, add salt and kokum; mix well.
- Keep on flame till water totally dries up.
- Remove from heat and keep covered for 5- 10 mins so that vegetable gets cooked on steam.
- Serve Ladyfinger vegetable (Bhendyachi bhaji) as a side dish with the rice.