Goan Crabs Masala (koolli suke) Recipe With Coconut
Goan Crabs Masala (koolli suke) Recipe With Coconut has the crabs and the coconut as the main ingredient. It is a mouth relishing dish for all the non vegetarian eaters.
Health Benefits of Crabs:
Crabs are one of the main sources for omega-3 fatty acids.
They are also a good source of lean protein, which has high protein which is good for athletes or body builders who doesn’t want to eat fish.
Crabs are also a good source for chromium, which along with insulin helps in the metabolism of sugar maintaining the normal blood glucose levels.
Crabs contain selenium, which helps in reducing oxidative damage to cells and tissues. They are also very low in calories.
Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Crabs: 8 (medium sized)
Onion: 2(medium sized)
Grated Coconut: 1 cup
Garlic: 4-5 cloves
Ginger: ½ inch
Red chillies: 5-6
Cinnamon: 1 inch
Black pepper: 1 tbspn
Poppy seeds: 1tspn
Aniseed: 3 petals (deseeded)
Dry coriander: 1 tbspn
Green coriander: 2 tbspn (finely chopped)
Oil: 3 tbspn
- Clean the crabs.Cut the crabs into two halves and Separate the legs. Clean the crabs.
- Slice one onion and chop the other onion finely.
- Roast red chillies, cinnamon, black pepper, cloves, Dry coriander, poppy seeds on a low flame.
- Heat 1 tbspn of oil in a wok and roast the sliced onion till brown.
- Add the grated coconut and roast till it turns brown.
- Grind the roasted onion, coconut and spices to a paste with a very little water.
- Heat 2 tbsns oil in the wok. Add the finely chopped onion and stir fry till it changes colour.
- Add the ginger, garlic and sauté for two mins.
- Add the crabs and stir once lightly.
- Add the ground masala and stir once.
- Add enough water to cover the crabs. Mix the whole mixture once.
- Cook on a medium flame till done or till all the water dries up.
- Garnish with green coriander.
- Serve Goan crab masala with bread, chappatis or as a side dish to rice.
You may also like other Goan cuisine recipes: