Goan Bhendi Fry (Ladyfinger Fry)
Goan Bhendi Fry (Ladyfinger Fry) is the easier and tastier dish from the Goan cuisine.
Tip: Large size ladyfinger can be first cut into two halves horizontally and then can be cut vertically.
Health benefits of Ladyfinger Fry:
- The fibre content of lady finger helps in better digestion, and regularization of bowels.
- Another important benefit of lady finger is that it contains Vitamin C which helps in improving immunity.
- Lady finger contains iron and folate and Vitamin K, nutrients that help in treating and avoiding anaemia.
- The Vitamin A and beta carotene present in lady finger may be helpful in improving eyesight.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Red Chilly powder: ½ tspn
Oil: 2 tbspn
Salt as per taste
Semolina for frying
- Wash and cut the ladyfinger vertically.
- Apply salt, turmeric powder, chilly powder and keep aside for 10 mins.
- Roll over each ladyfinger in semolina /rava.
- Shallow fry on medium flame till done.
- Serve hot as a side dish with dal-rice.