Ghontam sansav (Mango gravy recipe)
Ghontam sansav (mango gravy recipe) is prepared out of mangoes, coconut with the seasoning of mustard, asafoetida (hing). Ghontam sansav (mango gravy recipe) is made out of small ripe sucking mangoes, which are known as ghontam in Konkani. Ghontam sansav (mango gravy recipe) is one of the famous recipe from the Goan (Indian) Cuisine.
Health Benefits of Mango:
Mango is a good source of Vitamin A, Vitamin B and dietary fiber.
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Small ripe mangoes: 5
Grated coconut : 1 cup
Black pepper seeds: 7
Tamarind pulp: 1 tspn
Jaggery: 1 tbspn
Mustard seeds: 1tspn
Fenugreek seeds: ¼ tspn
Hing : 1 pinch
Oil: 1 tbsn
- Wash and peel the mangoes. Grind grated cocnut, red chillies, black pepper seeds, methi seeds & tamarind to a fine paste with little water.
- Heat the wok, add oil.
- Add mustard seeds and hing.
- When mustard seeds splutter, add the mangoes and stir fry on low flame for 2-3 mins.
- Then add the ground paste with 1 cup water.
- Add the jaggery and salt.
- Cook on low flame till one boil and remove from heat.
- Serve Ghontam sansav (mango gravy recipe) with chapatti or rice.