If you are looking out for some tasty drumstick veg recipes then you can surely go for this drumsticks (Shevgyachyo Shengo). Drumstick (Shevgyachyo Shengo) is a very tasty vegetable mostly used in curries to get the additional flavour. In Goa, drumsticks (Shevgyachyo Shengo) vegetable is prepared by adding coconut to it without any masala and oil making it very healthy. So the dish has the pure taste of drumstick(Shevgyacho Shengo)!!
Drumstick tree is cultivated in Goa. It has many culinary uses. Its leaves are used to prepare vegetables. Drumstick pieces are used in many vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian dishes to enhance the flavor.
Health benefits of Drumsticks (Shevgyachyo shengo):
Drumsticks are excellent source of Vitamin C. It also contain good amount of many vital B-complex vitamins such as folates, Vitamin-B6, thiamin etc.
Preparation Time: 1o mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Drumsticks: 5 (medium Sized)
Onion: 1 (medium Sized)
Coconut grated: ¼ cup
Red chilly powder: 2 tsp
Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
Water: 1 cup
Salt to taste
- Wash and Cut the Drumsticks into pieces.
- Chop the onion finely. Slit the chilies.
- Mix all the ingredients except salt and cook on a low flame for 15-20 mins or till all the water dries up.
- Stir in between to check the vegetable does not stick to vessel.
- At last add the salt. Stir, close the lid again and remove from the heat after 2-3 mins.
- Keep the lid closed for 5-10 mins, as the vegetable will cook on steam for sometime.
- Serve hot as a side dish with rice.