Clams Gravy Recipe (Tissareo Tondak)
Clams Gravy Recipe (Tissareo Tondak) is a savory dish for all the shell fish eaters. If you prefer less spicy than you can reduce the quantity of red chillies depending on your choice. But Clams Gravy Recipe (Tissareo Tondak) is a spicy dish with flavor of spices like cinnamon, cardamom…
Health Benefits of clams:
- It serves as a good source of phosphorus for the body, the nutrient required for proper formation of bones and teeth. In addition, it also helps the body utilize vitamins.
- It is a good source of proteins with very few calories. It helps in building lean body mass in athletes.
- It is a rich source of iron for the body. In fact, the iron content in clam is much higher than beef. It is a boon for individuals suffering from iron deficiency.
- The high amount of potassium present in clam assists the body in maintaining blood pressure and regulating heart function, along with other body processes.
- It is rich in vitamin A, which is required by the body to maintain healthy skin and also promotes vision, growth and bone development.
- Clam has a fair amount of cholesterol, which is required to maintain healthy blood cholesterol in the body.
- Be careful when adding salt since clams (shell fish) naturally contains some salty taste.
- Don’t stir the clams too much while cooking otherwise the clams will be detached from the shell.
Preparation Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
Clams: 2 cup
Tomato: 1 (small)
Water: 1 cup
Salt to taste
Oil: 2 tbspn
Grated coconut: 1 cup
Garlic: 2 cloves
Red chillies: 2-3
Turmeric powder: 1 tspn
Black pepper: 2-3
Green chillies: 1
Cinnamon: ½ inch
Cumin seeds: ¼ tspn
Tamarind paste: 1 tbspn
- Wash and clean the clams retaining the half shell.
- Chop the onion and tomato finely.
- Grind all the ingredients under masala paste to a fine paste.
- Heat the oil in a pan, stir fry the onion till changes colour.
- Add tomato and stir fry for 2 mins.
- Add the ground masala paste and sauté for 2-3 mins.
- Add the clams and mix well.
- Add water, salt and cook on low flame till done.
- Serve Clams Gravy Recipe (Tissareo Tondak) hot with pao (bread), chappati or rice.
You may also like other shell fish recipes (Goan cuisine recipes)