Clams Dry Masala (Tissareo Sukkem)
Clams Dry Masala (Tissareo Sukkem) is a very tasty Goan traditional cuisine recipe. Eat the Clams Dry Masala (Tissareo Sukkem) with chapathi, bread or rice, it always tastes the best.
The green coriander leaves and green chilies adds flavor to Clams Dry Masala (Tissareo Sukkem), so don’t skip these ingredients.
Health Benefits of clams:
- It serves as a good source of phosphorus for the body, the nutrient required for proper formation of bones and teeth. In addition, it also helps the body utilize vitamins.
- It is a good source of proteins with very few calories. It helps in building lean body mass in athletes.
- It is a rich source of iron for the body. In fact, the iron content in clam is much higher than beef. It is a boon for individuals suffering from iron deficiency.
- The high amount of potassium present in clam assists the body in maintaining blood pressure and regulating heart function, along with other body processes.
- It is rich in vitamin A, which is required by the body to maintain healthy skin and also promotes vision, growth and bone development.
- Clam has a fair amount of cholesterol, which is required to maintain healthy blood cholesterol in the body.
- Be careful when adding salt since clams (shell fish) naturally contains some salty taste.
- Don’t stir the clams too much while cooking otherwise the clams will be detached from the shell.
Preparation Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Clams: 2 cups
Grated coconut: 1 cup
Garlic: 2-3 cloves
Red chilly powder: 1 tspn
Turmeric powder: 1 tspn
Garam masla : 1 tspn
Black pepper powder: ¼ tspn
Green chillies: 2-3
Green coriander (finely chopped): a handful
Water: 2 cups
Dry kokum: 3-4
Salt to taste
- Wash and clean the clams retaining the half shell.
- Mix all the ingredients together except kokum and salt.
- Cook on a medium flame for 10 mins.
- Add kokum and salt.
- Cook till water dries up or till done.