Chicken Dry (Chicken Sukka)
Chicken Dry (Chicken Sukka) is the yet another tasty recipe from Goan Cuisine. If you need to cook chicken hastily then you can go for Chicken Dry (Chicken sukka). This can be made quickly, easily and yet is very tasty!!
You can use the xacuti masala powder readily available in the market or can prepare it at home. Check Chicken Xacuti Recipe for making it at home. Grind all the ingrdients under Chicken Xacuti masala without adding water. Home made masala gives better taste and flavour to Chicken Dry (Chicken Sukka).
Chicken xacuti masala can be prepared beforehand but must be kept in a an air tight container so that it doesn’t loose it’s aroma. This masala powder can be used anytime to prepare the tasty Chicken Dry (Chicken Sukka)!!
Health Benefits of Chicken:
Chicken is a great source of protein. Chicken is also rich in potassium, calcium and contains no carbohydrates.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Chicken: 500 gms (cut into medium pieces)
Yoghurt: 3 tbspn
Ginger-garlic paste: 2tspn
Red chilly powder: 1tspn
Turmeric powder: 1tspn
Xacuti masala powder: 4tspn
Green chillies: 3
Onion: 3 (medium sized)
Green coriander: 3 tbpsn (finely chopped)
Oil: 2 tbspn
- Add yoghurt, 1tspn ginger-garlic paste,red chilly powder, turmeric powder and 2 tspn of chicken xacuti masala powder to the chicken. Mix well and keep aside to marinate for at least an hour.
- Chop the onion, tomatoes and green chillies finely.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Stir fry the green chillies and 1tspn ginger-garlic paste till its raw smell goes away.
- Add onion and stir-fry till it changes the colour.
- Add tomato and stir fry till the mixture releases the oil at the side.
- Add the marinated chicken and stir fry.
- Add 2 tspn of chicken xacuti masala and stir fry again for 7-8 mins.
- Cook covered for 10 mins.
- Add green coriander, stir and cook till done (water in the gravy should totally dry up).
- Garnish with green coriander and serve the Chicken Dry(Chicken Suka) hot with roti or chapatti.