Chicken cafreal is one of the most popular chicken dishes of Goa. It is a traditional Goan cuisine recipe. All the whole spices brings a very classic flavor to Chicken cafreal.
Cafreal is a Portuguese word. Chicken cafreal was introduced in the Goan cuisine by Portuguese. Chicken pieces coated with thick green gravy tastes awesome!!
When in Goa, all the tourists would first like to have a bite of Chicken cafreal. In this goenchyogazaali blog you will find the step by step pic of chicken cafreal recipe. so you can start cooking the chicken cafreal in your home kitchen.
so why waiting?? Check the step by step pic of the chicken cafreal and start cooking chicken cafreal in your home kitchen!!
Health benefits of chicken:
Chicken is a great source of protein. Chicken is also rich in potassium, calcium and contains no carbohydrates.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Chicken: ½ kg
Butter: 1tspn (optional)
Ginger-garlic paste: 1 tspn
Turmeric: ½ tspn
Ginger: 1 inch
Garlic: 8 cloves
Green chillies: 5
Green coriander: a handful
Cinnamon: 1 inch
Poppy seeds: 1tbspn
Cumin seeds: 1tspn
Tamarind pulp: 1 tbspn
- Apply salt, turmeric and ginger-garlic paste to the chicken and keep aside.
- Grind all the ingredients under green paste and apply it to chicken.
- Marinate the chicken for at least one hour.
- Heat the oil in a pan. You can add or skip the butter (it gives extra flavor)
- Add the marinated chicken and stir-fry for 7-8 mins.
- Then cook the chicken on a low flame till done.
- Serve the Chicken cafreal hot as a starter or as a side dish with rice.