Cauliflower Vegetable (Flowerchi Bhaji)
I was looking out for the real Goan Indian veg and the non-veg recipes all over. Then I decided to make one mouth relishing recipe of cauliflower vegetable. This would be loved by all the people including children. Cauliflower vegetable (flowerchi bhaji in konkani) is eaten widely in Goa.
Cauliflower vegetable ((flowerchi bhaji) recipe is really tasty. Even cauliflower non-eaters would love to eat this veggie when prepared in this way. Here is the simple and tasty recipe of cauliflower sabzi.
Health benefits of cauliflower
Fresh cauliflower is an excellent source of vitamin C. It contains good amounts of many vital B-complex groups of vitamins such as folates, pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), pyridoxine (vitamin B6) and thiamin (vitamin B1), niacin (B3) as well as vitamin K. Further, it is an also good source of minerals such as manganese, copper, iron, calcium and potassium.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Cauliflower: ½ (medium sized)
Green chilies: 3
Turmeric powder: ½ tspn
Coriander powder: 2 tspn
Cumin seed powder: 1 tspn
Red chilly powder: 1 tspn
Green coriander: 2 tbspn (finely chopped)
Oil: 2 tbspn
Salt to taste
Mustard seed: 1tspn
Asafetida: ¼ tspn
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets. Apply salt and keep aside.
- Chop onion and green chilies finely. Make the tomato puree of 1 tomato.
- Heat the oil in a pan and splutter the mustard seeds.
- Add the asafetida. Add green chilies and fry for another 2 mins.
- Add onion and stir-fry for 3 mins.
- Add all the spice powders turmeric, coriander, cumin and red chilly one after another and fry for 2 mins.
- Add the cauliflower florets and mix well such that florets get coated with the spice powders. Cook for 2 to 3 mins,
- Then add tomato puree and mix again. Cook for 2 –3 mins.
- Add green coriander and 1-cup water and cook on low flame with the pan covered till the vegetable is cooked.