Brinjal Fry (Vaange Fry)
Brinjal fry (Vaange Fry) is one of the mouth watering recipes made from brinjal. Brinjal is one of the most affordable and easily available vegetable. It is commonly known as eggplant. When buying the brinjal, select smooth and glossy brinjal which are firm and heavy. Fresh Brinjals have bright green caps and stems.
Brinjal Fry (Vaange fry) is the best option for those who don’t prefer to eat brinjal vegetable. Brinjal contains many essential nutrients that are needed for the well-being of our body.
Even those who are trying to learn cooking from sratch, can cook Brinjal fry (Vaange Fry) easily. It is quick and easy to make.
Health benefits of Brinjal (Vaange):
- Brinjal is a good source of Potassium.
- Brinjal contains high content of water and fiber.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time : 15 mins
Serves : 2
Brinjal: 1 (medium sized)
Red chili powder: 1 tspn
Turmeric powder: ½ tspn
Rawa/Semolina for frying
Salt as per taste
- Slice the Brinjal into round slices.
- Apply salt and marinate for 10 mins.
- Drain away the excess salt water.
- Add the red chilli and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Roll over the brinjal slices into rawa/semolina.
- Shallow fry turning over both sides till done
- Serve the Brinjal fry (Vaange Fry) as the side dish with rice or as a starter.