Black Gram Dumplings (Udad Wade)
Black Gram Dumplings (Udad Wade) is made out of black gram (udad dal) as the main ingredient. Black Gram Dumplings (Udad Wade) can be consumed as the breakfast or as the evening snacks.
Health benefits of Black Gram Dal (Udad Dal):
- Black Gram Dal (Udad Dal) serves to be a protein rich dal for the vegetarians providing all the required essential nutrients.
- Black gram is rich in minerals, vitamins and is devoid of cholesterol.
- It is a store house of copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, calcium, potassium etc.
Preparation Time: 15 mins + 4 Hours Soaking
Cooking time: 30 mins
Black Gram Dal (Udad Dal): 1 cup
Onion: 1 (small) (chopped finely)
Green Chillies: 2 (finely cut)
Ginger: 1 inch (finely cut)
Small Coconut pieces: 1 tbspn
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
- Soak black gram dal water for 4 hours.
- Drain the water and grind the dal to a fine paste.
- Add all the cut ingredients to the ground dal.
- Add salt and mix very well.
- Wet your palms, make small balls of the mixture.
- Make the holes at the centre (like a doughnut).
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and deep fry till light brown.
- Serve hot with the tomato sauce or coconut chutney.
You may like other fry recipes (Goan cuisine recipes)