Today my husband got some mankurad mangoes, so I decided to make aamras. Aamras is a sweet and easy recipe made out of mangoes, sugar and milk.Mankurad is one of the popular and tasty mango breed of Goa. Many of hindu Goans prepare this dish during the summer season when mangoes are out in the market.
I thought of adding some fennel seeds. Fennel seeds give this dish a nice aroma making it tastier.
Tip: The quantity of milk can be reduced to ½ cup incase you want to have pure taste of mango.
Health Benefits of Mango:
Mango is a good source of Vitamin A, Vitamin B and dietary fiber.
Health benefits of fennel seeds:
Fennel seeds have health benefiting nutrients, essential compounds, anti-oxidants, dietary fiber, minerals, and vitamins.
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Fennel seeds: 2 tsp
Milk: 1 cup
Sugar: 1 tbsp (quantity can be adjusted to your taste)
- Dry roast fennel seeds and cardamoms in a pan.
- Pound fennel seeds and cardamom to make a fine powder.
- Slice the mangoes and remove their pulp.
- Add the mangoes pulp, powdered fennel seeds and cardamom, milk, sugar into the blender
- Blend all the ingredients nicely.
- Serve it chilled or as it is with puri or chapatti.