Pineapple Jam (Ananas Jam)
During season time lots of Pineapples are seen all around in the Goan market. During off season if you want to have the taste of pineapple than the best option is Pineapple Jam (Ananas Jam)!! I choose the pineapple with sweet aroma and orange reddish in colour.
Kids just love the pineapple jam (Ananas jam)!!
Make the Pineapple Jam (Ananas Jam), store in the refrigerator and eat this pineapple jam for long time when you don’t get to see pineapples!!
Check out the tasty and healthy Goan cuisine recipe, Pineapple Jam (Ananas Jam).
Health benefits of Pineapple (Ananas) :
Fresh pineapple is an excellent source of antioxidant vitamin; vitamin C.
It also contains small amount Vitamin A and beta-carotene levels. These compounds are known to have antioxidant properties.
In addition, this fruit is rich in B-complex group of vitamins like folates, thiamin, pyridoxine, riboflavin and minerals like copper, manganese and potassium that are essential for optimum health.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Pineapple cubes: (2 cups)
Sugar: 1 cup (can vary according to taste)
- Peel, core and cut the pineapple into cubes.
- Pound the pineapple to mash it.
- Cook mashed pineapple and sugar in a pan for 10 mins.
- Remove from the heat and let it get cooled.
- Then blend the mixture in a blender for about a min.
- Heat the pan, roast the cloves and add the blended mixture.
- Cook stirring on low flame till jam consistency is reached.
- Transfer this pineapple jam(Ananas Jam) to a glass bottle and store in a refrigerator.
- Serve pineapple jam (ananas jam) with bread, roti or chapati.